Everything you need to know
Nail Polish is classified as a Class 3 Flammable Good and as such, has restrictions and laws governing its transportation via air.
Sea Siren Cosmetics are accredited Dangerous Goods shippers according to Australian and International Air & Maritime laws and are an Authorised DG Contract Holder with Australia Post and DHL Express.
All parcels are currently shipped Australia-wide by road transport with Australia Post eParcel.
We no longer ship Internationally.
Please refer to our Shipping page for prices and terms and conditions HERE
Please refer to our Returns page
If you are unhappy, this makes us sad. We understand things go wrong and would love to investigate your problem.
Simply complete the Return Form here or email us at email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your order and let us know how we can make you happy again!
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CLAIM
Any claims for shortages, defective or damaged goods must be made using the form HERE within 7 days of receiving your order or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any claims received after 7 days will void any refund or return policy.
We do not exchange goods or refund due to incorrect purchases or change of mind so please choose carefully as all sales are final.
SHORTAGE & DEFECTIVE GOODS
We take particular care to ensure your goods are dispatched safely, securely and in perfect condition.
Details of any goods as recorded by us upon dispatch will be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by you on delivery unless you provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary within 7 days.
If your product is defective, we are more than happy to replace this for you with exactly the same product (subject to availablity).
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Generally, we do not accept return of goods due to hygienic reasons, however, we may do so dependent on the circumstances. Only new, unused and unopened goods will be considered for return. Returned goods must be in its original condition and include all the original packaging. Any attempt to use the incorrect item is deemed to be acceptance the item is a satisfactory substitute and no claim can be raised thereafter.
Any goods being returned to us at our request, must be shipped at your own cost via road transport (road transport is a requirement due to nail polish being classified as flammable goods). We will provide you of details of how to do this once you have contacted us.
All claims are void if a returned product is found to be mishandled, misused, modified, tampered with, abused, or physically damaged in any way.
Any agreed credit for returned goods will be processed once the goods have been received and checked by us.
Returns will never be resold under any circumstances.
GOODS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT
Please refer to our Shipping policy
Please refer to our Terms of Trade for further information
Welcome to our Points & Loyalty Program – Frequent Nautical Points
What’s an online shop without Rewards and what traveller doesn’t like a Points and Loyalty Program!
We’ve made it easy and simple for you to participate:-
- Just set up your FREE account and you will automatically be credited with 50 points for use on your next order.
- Your membership account will also be the gangway to receive information on discounts, promotions, competitions and savings.
Earning Points is Simple
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent (excluding shipping charges)*
- Sign up as a member for your free account and receive 50 points*
- Write a review on our website and receive 10 points for your valuable time*
- Further promotions may be offered from time to time
Redeeming Points is Easy too!
- 100 points = $10.00 to be redeemed on your next order
- The checkout automatically calculates points available and discounts your next purchase if you choose to apply it
*Conditions apply. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions below
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You must sign up for an account online to register as a member
- Membership is free
- You must be 18 years or older and have a current Australian residential address to register for an account
- We may refuse your application for membership for any reason
- Account holders must sign in using their email address and password to complete a valid transaction to earn points.
- Under certain circumstances we are able to backdate points. This is only applicable for purchases made within the previous one (1) month as a guest.
- You will earn 1 point for every dollar spent on products online at Sea Siren Cosmetics (excluding shipping and insurance charges)
- Points are calculated based on your final shopping cart value at checkout and applied to your Frequent Nautical Points Account once your order has been processed. These points can be used on your next order
- Shipping charges are not included in points calculation
- Unauthorised purchases or fraudulent transactions do not earn or redeem points
- The points program is valid for individual customers only via the online shop and not available to bulk orders, wholesalers, distributors or companies.
- Account holders must sign in using their email address and password to complete a valid transaction to redeem points.
- Redemption points available are calculated on your final shopping cart value (excluding shipping). You can choose to apply these calculated points on the checkout page.
- You can use points to the value of 50% of your final shopping cart
- Points cannot be used for shipping or insurance charges.
- Points cannot be redeemed for cash, nor can any unused balance be redeemed for cash
- Points are non-transferable and are valid for an individual customers account. Points cannot be sold, auctioned or transferred to another customers account.
- Points may be used for purchases at www.seasiren.com.au only
- It is your responsibility to inform us if your personal details change (including, but not limited to, your address, email address or phone number). If we do not have your correct details, we may not be able to contact you about your account or send you offers or rewards, and we may also restrict operations on your account (such as redemption).
- You may terminate your membership at any time and for any reason by contacting us at email@example.com
Program Amendments or Termination
- Sea Siren Cosmetics Pty Ltd reserves the right to modify and/or terminate the Frequent Nautical Points Loyalty Rewards Program at any time, without notice.
- If Sea Siren Cosmetics Pty Ltd terminates the program, any remaining or unused point balances will be forfeited.
- Sea Siren Cosmetics Pty Ltd is not responsible for errors and/or omissions in any Program document.
- You are responsible for determining any tax liability arising from participation in the Program.
I don’t know about anyone else but I was sceptical of these nail files. I had tried them before as giveaways and they were awful and became blunt after a few uses but I heard people raving about them on international forums. Then I found out why. The secret is in the manufacturing process and country of manufacture! Surprise ~ Surprise! I had been using cheap, imitation copies!
Sea Siren Cosmetics have Wenchfully sourced GENUINE glass nail files (sometimes called crystal) direct from the Czech Republic. The original as well as one of the leading countries utilising the oldest glass production traditions and techniques with the latest technology.
In keeping with the Sea Siren philosophy of Australian Made, which in this case is impossible, the services of a local Australian wholesaler to import them have been utilised. Australian business helping Australian business is what Sea Siren is all about!
It doesn’t stop there…….Who doesn’t love bling! The nail files and other nail accessories are adorned with SWAROVSKI® elements – Bubbles of Bling which are designed and created by master craftsmen in Prague who place each SWAROVSKI® crystal by hand creating works of art that are beautiful, functional and truly Sealightful.
After personally test-driving them they ARE the perfect tool! Why?
- Superior quality
- Exclusive, Stylish, Luxurious and most importantly Practical
- Perfect for natural and artificial nails (when using on artificial nails dip repeatedly in water during filing)
- Unlimited life span – file surface never erodes unlike paper and metallic nail files.
- Hygienic – water-resistant so they do not absorb moisture from nails and hands preventing infections
- Easy to clean
- Leaves nails smoother and healthier
- Regular use prevents nails from chipping, splitting or flaking.
- Versatile – can be used to remove hardened skin around nails as well as the soles and heels of your feet (with larger nail files)
Caring for your Glass Nail File
- Rinse under running water after each use to remove nail dust
- Dirtier files can be cleaned with a sponge and mild detergent
- For professionals – they can be sterilised with heat in an autoclave (up to 250C), boiling water, UV light or alcohol
- Remember, this is still glass, although tempered and of extremely high quality
- Handle with care but should withstand drops onto most surfaces
- They can break if they fall onto harder surfaces (ceramic, concrete, stone) from a height greater than 1 – 1.5 metres – but I don’t recommend test driving this!
- If the nail file becomes damaged it is essential to stop using it to prevent injury.
- When not in use the glass nail file should be kept it in its protective sleeve.
- Keep out of the reach of children and animals
Special Note – the ends of the files are sanded by hand. Due to specific features of Czech glass and it’s processing, even if you break the file you will never cut yourself as all broken pieces will be large enough without bevels.
Interested in the process?
I’m a bit geeky and like to know how things work so maybe you do too! So in brief:
Manufacturing crystal nail files is a combination of modern technologies with traditional Bohemian crystal and glass processing methods. Both semi-automatic processes and hand work help bring you the modern day nail care tool.
The most important steps in the process (excluding several ‘trade secret” steps) are:
- Cutting original hardened Czech glass sheets into smaller pieces
- Carving traditional nail file forms from the glass sheets
- Placing the forms into specially formulated acid
- The award winning life-long abrasive surface for nail filing is created, from this step it is the crystal nail file in its almost final form
- Sanding up the ends of crystal nail files by hand gives the nail file safety edges
- Tempering process to make files more durable and more resistant to unexpected drops
- Colouring – special paint is applied on the handle, with additional heat processing to fix the paint
- Beautifying – hand-painting or encasing with SWAROVSKI® Elements
An Enchanting Journey and Beyond
In keeping with our travel theme, we have designed our products around travel size, however, if our customers demand larger sizes for home use, we will be happy to expand our range to accommodate. Just let us know by commenting on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
So there you have it all you gawjus Sea Wenches. Sealicious, Blingy, Exclusive and Practical nail files and accessories. Be the envy of all your friends as you embark on An Enchanting Journey!
The information provided is general in nature and does not constitute professional advice. Individuals should carefully evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance to their particular purpose or use.
ALL NAIL POLISH COLOURS, GLITTERS and SEA MATTE TOP COAT
- Sea Siren Cosmetics nail polish formula is “Cruelty Free” and “Vegan friendly” and contains no animal ingredients whatsoever
- 5 free – contains no Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde Resins or Camphor
- TPHP Free (triphenyl phosphate)
OUR NAIL POLISH RANGE HAS BEEN “ACCREDITED BY CHOOSE CRUELTY FREE (CCF)”.
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, N-Butyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone 1, Polyvinyl Butryal, Trimethyl Pentanediyl Dibenzoate. MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI 15850 Red 7 Lake; CI 15850 Red 6 Lake; CI 77499 Black Iron Oxide; CI 77891 Titanium Dioxide; CI 15880 Red 34 Lake; CL 77019 Mica; CI 77163 Bismuth Oxychloride; CI 77491 Red Iron Oxide; CI 77510 Ferric Ferrocyanide; CI 19140 Yellow 5 Lake; CI 77000 Aluminium Powder; Silica; CI 60725 Violet 2; CI 75170 Guanine; Polyethylene Terephthalate.
SEA SEAL DUAL TOP & BASE COAT
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/ Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, AcetylTributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-3, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Polyvinyl Butyral, D&C Violet #2 CI 60725.
SEA GLOSS FAST DRY TOP COAT
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/ Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, AcetylTributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Benzophenone-1, Ethylhexyl salicylate, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyvinyl Butyral, D&C Violet #2 CI 60725.
SEA PEEL – PEEL OFF BASE COAT
Water, Polyvinyl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, PPG-3 Methyl Ether, Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Disiloxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol.
STRENGTHENING with ProVitamin B5 & Vitamin E
Ingredients: Water, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethyl Glutarate, Polysorbate-20, Ethanol, Dimethyl Succinate, Dimethyl Adipate, DMDM Hydantoin, D-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Calcium Pantothenate, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, CI42090, Fragrance.
MOISTURISING with Aloe Vera, Castor Seed Oil & Vitamin E
Ingredients: Water, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethyl Glutarate, Polysorbate-20, Ethanol, Dimethyl Succinate, Dimethyl Adipate, DMDM Hydantoin, Castor (Ricinis communis) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, Fragrance. May Contain: Cl42090, CI17200, CI18050.
OUR COSMETIC IS ACCREDITED BY CHOOSE CRUELTY FREE (CCF)
Animal testing makes Captain Sea Dawg sad. At Sea Siren Cosmetics we really do care about the bunnies and other living creatures and are proud in our stance to stay cruelty free. We believe if it doesn’t have to be done, don’t do it!
Did you know animal testing of cosmetics has now been banned in the European Union if you wish to sell there? Did you know that Chinese law requires that cosmetics sold or manufactured within the country are subject to animal testing? Some food for thought as you embark on the purchase of your next cosmetic.
Both our nail polish, nail polish remover and skincare, including all ingredients and the finished product, has never ever been tested on animals ~ and never will be. If we discover that any of our suppliers or intermediary agents have conducted, commissioned or been party to animal testing we guarantee to remove these products from our range immediately.
Sea Siren Cosmetics nail polish formula and nail polish remover is “Vegan Friendly” and contains no animal ingredients or by-products whatsoever.
- On the Home Page click on “My Account” at the top right corner of the screen
- Here you will be prompted to enter basic details to sign up.
- Once you are in your account you will be able to view orders, edit your address, change your password and view your Frequent Nautical Points.
- To participate in the Frequent Nautical Points Loyalty Rewards Program you must sign up for your account to be credited with points.